This delicious berry tart has a toasted nut crust that gives it deep, earthy flavors that highlight the bright and natural berries.
- 1/4 Cup Almonds
- 1/4 Cup Pecans
- 1/4 Cup Hazelnuts
- 1/4 Cup Sugar
- 3/4 Cup Whole-Wheat Flour
- 6 Tablespoons Butter, chilled and diced
- 1 Tablespoon Egg Replacer
- 1 Tablespoon Water
- 1/2 Cup Sour Cream
- 1/2 Cup Plain Greek Yogurt
- 2 Tablespoons Brown Sugar
- 1 Teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- 1/4 Teaspoon Orange Zest
- 1 Cup Blueberries
- 1 Cup Raspberries
- 1 Tablespoon Orange Juice
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and spread the nuts out on a baking sheet. Cook for 12-15 minutes or until brown and toasted.
- In a blender, or small bowl with a whisk, meat together the water and egg replacer until frothy.
- Cool the nuts then add to a food processor with the flour, sugar and salt. Pulse together until the nuts are ground into a powder, then add the butter and pulse until it resembles corn meal. Add the egg replacer and pulse together until clumps form.
- Press crust mixture into the bottom and sides of a tart pan and pierce with a fork; freeze for 30 minutes.
- While the crust is freezing, raise the oven temperature to 400 degrees.
- Make the filling by whisking together the sour cream, greek yogurt, brown sugar, vanilla and orange zest.
- In a medium bowl, toss together the berries with the orange juice.
- Bake the crust for 12 minutes, then remove from the oven and cool. Spread the creamy filling into the crust then spoon the berry mixture over the top.
- Refrigerate for 30-60 minutes until firmed slightly