This delicious spread is sure to be a hit at any party. The rich flavors and hit of thyme are delightful and your guests will be raving about it for years!
- 1/4 Olive Oil
- 3 Shallots, minced
- 2 Lbs. Mushrooms, trimmed and wiped clean
- 2 Teaspoons Minced Thyme
- 1/2 Teaspoon Salt
- Pinch of Pepper
- 1/4 Cup Cream Cheese
- 3 Tablespoons Dry White Wine
- 1 Loaf French Bread, cut into circles and toast
- Turn a slow cooker on to high and add the shallots and oil.
- In a food processor add the mushrooms and pulse until they are coarsely chopped, then add the to the slow cooker and reduce the heat to low. Cover and cook for 6-8 hours; the mushrooms should be very, very soft.
- Strain the mushrooms after cooking and add to a food processor with the thyme, salt and pepper. Pulse until combined, then add the cream cheese and wine and blend until completely combined; adjust salt and pepper to taste.
- Pour into a bowl and serve with toasted bread rounds.