This delicious desert is a combination of light and fluffy lady fingers mixed with sweet and innocent strawberries. A perfect tea-time dessert, it’s sure to be a thrill.
- 8oz Cream Cheese, softened
- 3/4 Cup Sugar
- 2 Teaspoons Vanilla
- 1 Pint Heavy Whipping Cream
- 2 12oz Packages Ladyfinger Cookies
- 16oz Frozen Strawberries, thawed
- 1 Tablespoon Cornstarch
- Drain the strawberries, reserving the juices, and set aside.
- In a small saucepan combine the juices and cornstarch and bring to a boil, whisking often; remove from heat and set aside.
- In a medium bowl beat the cream cheese, sugar, and vanilla. In another medium bowl, beat the whipping cream until stiff peaks form, then fold into the cream cheese mixture until combined.
- Line the bottom and sides of a 9 inch springform cake pan with the ladyfingers so that they are laying down on the bottom but standing up against the sides.
- Pour half of the cream cheese mixture onto the ladyfingers, top with a layer of ladyfingers, then add the rest and smooth until flat. Pour the strawberry juice over the top, top with the strawberries and chill for 1 hour.
- Remove from the pan, serve and enjoy!