The key to Cincinnati chili is eating over noodles like a yummy, spicy spaghetti sauce! It’s a fantastic twist on the “spaghetti dinner” favorite.
Slow-Cooker Cincinnati Chili Recipe
- 2 Cups Vegetable Broth
- 1 8 oz. Can of Tomato Sauce
- 1/4 Cup Tomato Paste
- 2 Tablespoons Apple Cider Vinegar
- 2 Tablespoons Chili Powder
- 2 Teaspoons Unsweetened Cocoa Powder
- 2 Teaspoons Cumin
- 1/4 Teaspoon Cloves
- 1/4 Teaspoon Allspice
- Pinch of Salt and pepper to taste
- 3 Tablespoons Garlic, minced
- 1 Large Sweet Onion, diced
- 2 Pounds Firm tofu, drained and diced
- 1 Pound of Spaghetti
- 1 Cup Finely Shredded Cheese (optional)
- In a large slow cooker, whisk together broth, tomato sauce, tomato paste, vinegar and all spices. Stir in garlic and 3/4?s of the diced onion.
- Cover and cook on high for 4 hours or low for 6 hours. Add tofu and cook for another two hours.
- Cook and drain spaghetti. Place in 8 bowls and ladle chili over spaghetti. Garnish each with reserved 1/4 onion and cheese (optional).