While most winter squash soups are sweet, this one takes a tantalizing twist and is savory. It’s filled with a combination of delicious herbs and spices that make this soup one you’ll be making all season long!
- 5 Cups Pumpkin Puree
- 2 Cups Vegetable Broth
- 2 Cups Heavy Cream
- 1/2 Teaspoon Garlic Powder
- 1/2 Teaspoon Onion Powder
- 1/2 Teaspoon Pumpkin Pie Spice
- 1/2 Cup Fresh Parsley, minced
- 1/4 Cup Cilantro, minced
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- 1/4 Cup Butter, softened
- 1/2 Cup Plain Yogurt
- 1/2 Cup Sour Cream
- 1/4 Cup Mozzarella Cheese, shredded
- 1/4 Cup Toasted Almonds
- In a large saucepan combine together the pumpkin, vegetable broth, cream, garlic and onion powder. Bring the mixture to a boil and then reduce heat and simmer. Cook for 10 minutes.
- Stir in the pumpkin pie spice, parsley and cilantro, then add salt and pepper to taste.
- Remove from heat and slowly stir in the butter, yogurt and sour cream; be sure they do not curdle the mixture. Stir in the cheese until melted.
- Serve and top with a sprinkling of almonds!