This rustic style pizza dough uses honey as a natural sweetener giving it a hint of flavor beyond that of yeast. It makes four pizza crusts which can be frozen until ready for use!
- 3 1/4 Cups Flour
- 1/4 Cup Wheat Flour
- 2 Teaspoons Active Dry Yeast
- 1 Cup Warm (120-130?F) Water
- 3 Tablespoons Olive Oil
- 1 Tablespoon Honey
- 1/2 Teaspoon Salt
- Combine the flour, wheat flour and yeast in a food processor and turn it on.
- In a bowl whisk together the water, olive oil, honey and salt, then slowly stream into the running processor and continue processing until dough forms a large mass and pulls away from the sides. Turn out onto a lightly floured surface and knead until smooth and elastic; add flour as necessary.
- Shape dough into a ball and place in a well-greased bowl, turning once to grease the surface of the dough. Cover and let rise till double in size, then punch the dough down and turn out onto a lightly floured surface.
- Divide into four portions, cover and let rest for 10 minutes or freeze.