This rich and flavorful meal is perfect for an entree or side dish. The bright red pepper flavor combines perfectly with the rich balsamic reduction. You’ll be craving this recipe before long!
- 3 Tablespoons Pine Nuts
- 3 Red Bell Peppers
- 1 Jalapeno
- 3 Teaspoons Olive Oil
- 1 1/2 Tablespoon Parsley
- 1 1/2 Tablespoon Mint
- 2 Tablespoons Garlic, minced, plus one clove peeled
- 1/2 Cup Balsamic Vinegar
- 1 Tablespoon Agave Nectar
- 6 Slices Ciabatta Bread, toasted
- In a medium skillet over medium heat, toast the pine numts for 3-4 minutes, shaking the pan constantly until they are browned on all sides. Remove from heat and set aside.
- Preheat the broiler and place an oven rack in the highest position.
- Coat the bell peppers and the jalapeno with 1 teaspoon of the olive oil. Place them on a baking sheet and broil for 15 minutes; skins should be blistered and blackened, turning often. Transfer them to a bowl, cover, and let sit for 15 minutes. Remove and peel the skins, remove the seeds and cut into thin slices; chop the jalapeno.
- Transfer the pepper slices and chopped jalapeno to a bowl and add the pine nuts, parsley, mint, minced garlic and remaining oil. Toss to combine and season lightly with pepper.
- In a small saucepan, combine the vinegar and agave nectar. Bring to a simmer over medium heat and cook for 10 minutes or until the mixture is reduced to about three tablespoons; stir occasionally.
- Add 1 tablespoon of the reduction to the red pepper mixture and toss to combine. Cover and marinate 30 minutes to overnight.
- Top ciabatta slices with red pepper mixture and drizzle with remaining two tablespoons of balsamic reduction.