Sweet and smokey, this delicious soup is full of deep flavors that will thrill your palate.
Red Pepper and Carrot Soup Recipe
- 2 Red Bell Peppers
- 2 Tablespoons Olive OIl
- 1/2Teaspoon Curry Powder
- 1 Bay Leaf
- 1 Onion, sliced
- 2 Carrots, sliced
- 4 Cloves Garlic, sliced
- 1 Teaspoon Salt
- 2 Tablespoons Lemon Juice
- Preheat the oven to 350?F and place the bell peppers on a baking sheet. Roast for one hour, turning occasionally, until skin is wrinkled and blackened. Transfer to a bowl and cover with plastic wrap.
- Let cool completely then rub off the skins and remove the seeds.
- In a large saucepan over medium heat, heat the oil and add the curry powder and bay leaf. Cook for 10 seconds, then add the onion, carrot, garlic and a pinch of salt. Cover and cook for 10 minutes; onion should be translucent.
- Uncover and add four cups of water, bring to a boil then reduce the heat to medium-low and simmer. Cover and simmer for 25 minutes.
- Transfer to a blender, add bell pepper and puree until smooth. Add the lemon juice and pulse to combine.
- Serve and enjoy!