Pumpkin pie is a winter-time favorite. This excellent recipe is full of pumpkin-y goodness and sure to delight the senses.
- 1 Pie Crust
- 1 15 oz Can of Pumpkin
- 3/4 Cup Packed Brown Sugar
- 1 1/4 Teaspoon Ground Cinnamon
- 1 Teaspoon Ginger
- 1/2 Teaspoon Salt
- 1/4 Teaspoon Ground Cloves
- 4 Tablespoons Egg Replacer
- 6 Tablespoons Water
- 1 1/2 Cups Light Cream or Half and Half
- Preheat oven to 400?F.
- Press a pie crust into a pie tin and set aside.
- In a large bowl combine pumpkin, brown sugar, cinnamon, ginger, salt and cloves.
- In a blender, combine egg replacer and water, blending until frothy.
- Add eggs to pumpkin mixture and beat lightly with a fork until combined.
- Add half and half gradually, stirring until just combined.
- Carefully pour filling into the pie crust. Cover pie edges with foil, and bake for 20 minutes. Remove foil from edges and bake 25 minutes more or until a knife inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Cover and chill for two hours before serving.