This sauce is spicy with a bit of a kick. Be careful feeding to minors; make sure the sauce has cooked well so that all the alcohol is burned off!
- 1 lb. Penne Pasta
- 1/4 Cup Olive Oil
- 3 Teaspoons Garlic, minced
- 1/2 Teaspoon Crushed Red Pepper Flakes
- 1 28oz Can Crushed Tomatoes
- Pinch Salt
- 2 Tablespoons Vodka
- 1/2 Cup Heavy Cream
- 1/4 Cup Fresh Parsley, chopped
- 7 oz. Vegetarian Sausage, crumbled
- Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to boiling, add the pasta and cook for about ten minutes. Drain and reserve one cup of the pasta water.
- Heat the oil over medium heat in a large skillet, add the sausage, garlic and red pepper flakes and cook until heated through and garlic is golden brown.
- Add in the tomatoes and salt and bring to a simmer; simmer for 15 minutes. Stir in the vodka and cream, add the pasta and pasta water, and toss to combine. Cook for one minute.
- Remove from heat, stir in parsley, serve and enjoy!