Pears mixed with potatoes? Who would have thought that combination could work as well as it does in this delicious soup recipe. Just a hint of sweetness from the pears and this delicious soup reaches amazing heights of flavor.
- 2 Tablespoons Butter
- 2 Leeks, white and pale green parts thinly sliced and well cleaned
- 4 Cups Vegetable Broth
- 2 lbs. Russet Potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 2 lbs. Bartlett Pears, peeled, cored and cubed
- 1/4 Cup Light Brown Sugar
- 2 Teaspoons Salt
- In a large pot over medium heat melt the butter then add the leeks and cook for 7 minutes or until softened.
- Add the potatoes, pears and broth, reduce heat to medium-low, cover and cook for 30 minutes or until soft.
- Using an immersion blender or countertop blender in batches, puree until smooth, then return to the pot and stir in the brown sugar and salt.
- Ladle into bowls and top with a dollop of sour cream and sliced chives.