Delicious, ripe peaches seem to carry bursts of summer sunlight in every bite which makes this delicious crumble recipe the absolute best!
- 3 1/2 Pounds Peaches, peeled, seeded and cut into wedges
- 1/3 Cup Sugar
- 1 1/4 Teaspoons Cornstarch
- 4 Teaspoons Lemon Juice
- Pinch of Salt, Cinnamon and Nutmeg
- 1 Cup Flour
- 1/4 Cup Sugar
- 1/4 Cup Brown Sugar, packed
- 1/2 Teaspoon Salt
- 2 Teaspoons Vanilla Extract
- 6 Tablespoons Butter, cut into pieces and softened
- 1/2 Cup Almonds, sliced
- Preheat the oven to 350?F and move the oven racks into the low and middle positions. Line one baking sheet with parchment paper and another with aluminum foil.
- In a large bowl, gently toss together the peaches and the 1/3 cup sugar with the cornstarch and lemon juice. Let sit to the side for about 30 minutes, stirring occasionally. Reserve 1/4 cup of the juice, then drain the peaches in a colander before putting back in the bowl.
- Add the cinnamon, nutmeg and salt to the reserved juice and pour it over the peaches. Toss gently to coat, then add to an 8 inch square baking dish.
- In a food processor combine the flour, sugar, brown sugar, salt and the vanilla. Pulse until combined, then add the butter and pulse until the mixture resembles coarse corn meal. Add half the almonds and pulse until it resembles crumbly balls; be sure to scrap down the sides. Add the remaining almonds and pulse twice to combine.
- Transfer the mixture to the parchment lined baking sheet and spread into an even layer, then break it up into chunks and bake for about 20 minutes or until lightly browned and firm.
- Shake the topping off the parchment and into the peach mixture and back for 30-40 minutes or until peaches are bubbling. Let cool on a wire rack for 15 minutes.
- Serve warm and enjoy!