This dessert is delicious and wholes some. Homemade shortcakes make a perfect background for the sweet tartness of the nectarines in a light honey sauce.
- 1 Cup Flour
- 1/2 Cup Whole Wheat Flour
- 4 Tablespoons Sugar
- 2 Teaspoons Baking Powder
- 1/4 Teaspoon Kosher Salt
- 1 1/2 Cups Whipping Cream
- 1 Cup Plain Greek Yogurt
- 3 Tablespoons Honey
- 4 Nectarines, pitted and sliced
- Preheat the oven to 325?F and link a baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
- Combine the flour, the wheat flour, 3 tablespoons of the sugar, baking powder and salt in a large bowl. Add the whipping cream and stir together until everything is just moistened; be careful you do not over mix the batter.
- Drop the dough in twelve rounded mounds on the backing sheet, sprinkle with the remaining sugar and bake for 18 minutes or until the tops are just beginning to brown.
- In a small bowl, while the shortcakes are baking, whisk together the honey and yogurt.
- Let the shortcakes cool slightly then plate and top with a few slices of nectarine and a dollop of the honey-yogurt sauce.