This delicious home-made ravioli can be time consuming to make but is well worth the effort. If you’re looking for the ideal way to say “I love you!”, this is it!
- 1 Teaspoon Olive Oil
- 1 1/2 Tablespoons Water
- 2 Tablespoons Egg Replacer + 2 Tablespoons Water, blended together
- 2 Cups Flour
- 1/4 Teaspoon Salt
- 1 Teaspoon Olive Oil
- 1 Teaspoon Garlic, minced
- 1 8oz Package Mushrooms, coarsely chopped
- 4 oz Cream Cheese, softened
- 1/3 Cup Parmesan Cheese, grated
- 1/2 Cup Mozzarella Cheese, shredded
- 1/2 Cup Frozen Chopped Spinach, thawed and drained
- 1 Tablespoon Fresh Chives, chopped
- 1 Tablespoon Parsley, chopped
- 1/2 Teaspoon Cayenne Pepper
- In a small bowl whisk together 1 teaspoon of the olive oil, water, and egg replacer mixture until evenly blended; set aside.
- In a large bowl combine the flour and salt. Make a well in the center and pour the oil mixture into the well. Stir until just combined, then turn out onto a lightly floured surface and knead until smooth; five to ten minutes, add flour as needed.
- Wrap with plastic wrap and set aside to rest for an hour.
- Heat another teaspoon of the olive oil in a skillet over medium heat and stir in the garlic and onion. Cook about two minutes, then add the mushrooms and cook until soft and any liquid has evaporated; about ten minutes. Remove from heat and cool.
- In a medium bowl beat the cream cheese till smooth, then stir in the mushroom mixture, parmesan cheese, mozzarella cheese, spinach, 1 teaspoon of chives, parsley and cayenne pepper. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Roll out the pasta dough till about 1/16th inch thick, then cut into 4 inch circles with a cup or cookie cutter.
- Pour yourself a small cup of water and using your fingertips rub some water along the outer edge of the pasta dough. Scoop about 1 tablespoon of the filling into the dough and then top with another circle. Pinch the edges closed to seal, then press closed once more with the cookie cutter to make uniform edges.
- Cook in a pot of salted, boiling water for 3-4 minutes, drain.
- In a skillet over high heat melt the butter and and stir until browned, add the chives and cook for 1-2 minutes longer.
- Pour over the hot ravioli and enjoy!