These bright and delicious treats are a yummy classic, and this vegan recipe makes them completely guilt free!
- 1 Cup Flour
- 1 Cup Almond Flour
- 1/4 Cup Powdered Sugar
- 4 oz Vegan Margarine
- 2 Tablespoons Agave Nectar
- 2 Teaspoons Lemon Zest, grated
- 1 1/2 Teaspoons Egg Replacer
- 1/2 Teaspoon Almond Extract
- 1/2 Teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- 1/2 Cup Raspberry Jam
- In a medium bowl combine the flours and powdered sugar. Add in the margarine and mix until crumbly.
- In a small bowl whisk together the agave nectar, lemon zest, egg replacer and 2 tablespoons of water; stir in the extracts. Pour into the flour mixture and stir until completely combined.
- Shape the dough into a disk, cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for up to ten days.
- Preheat the oven to 350?F and line two baking sheets with parchment paper.
- On a well floured work surface roll the dough out to 1/4 inch thickness and cut into 48 heart shapes. Transfer to a baking sheet and cut a smaller heart shaped hole in half of the cookies.
- Bake for 5-6 minutes, then cool on a wire rack. Dust with powdered sugar. Take the whole cookies and smother in jam, then top with one of the cut out cookies.
- Serve and enjoy!