Hominy is corn where they germ and hull have been removed. It is mild and delicious and goes very well with spices, making this chili perfect for anyone.
- 1 Tablespoon Olive Oil
- 1 Yellow Onion, diced
- 2 Garlic, minced
- 1 Tablespoon Chili Powder
- 1 Jalapeno, seeded and chopped
- 1 14.5oz Can Crushed Tomatoes
- 2 15.5oz Cans White Beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 16oz Can Hominy
- 1 1/2 Cups Water
- 1/2 Teaspoon Cumin
- 1/2 Teaspoon Dried Oregano
- Salt and Pepper to Taste
- 2 Tablespoons Fresh Cilantro, chopped
- In a large skillet over medium heat, bring the oil, onion and garlic together and stir until softened; about five minutes.
- Stir in the chili powder and cook for 30 seconds before pouring the mixture into a slow cooker. Add the jalapeno, tomatoes, beans, hominy, water, cumin, and oregano. Salt and pepper the mixture to taste then cook on low for 6-8 hours.
- Serve and enjoy with a garnish of cilantro.