Lima beans or butter beans are the stars of this slow cooker bean side. Thick and meaty they pair well with the other ingredients in this delicious dish.
- 1/4 Cup Olive Oil
- 1 Yellow Onion, chopped
- 3 Teaspoons Garlic, minced
- 2 15.5oz Cans Butter or Lima Beans
- 1 28oz Can Diced Tomatoes
- 1/2 Cup Fresh Parsley Leaves, minced
- In a large skillet over medium heat, heat the oil until smoking then add the onion. Cook until softened, then add the garlic and cook for another minute.
- Combine all the ingredients in a slow cooker, including the onions, and stir until combined. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Cook, covered, for 4-6 hours.
- Serve and enjoy.