Sweet and crunchy snap peas are the surprise guest in this fruit filled salad. The dressing has a bit of a zing to cut through all the sweetness leaving you feeling full and refreshed on a hot summer day! For a little extra crunch, try adding some micro-greens such as watercress!
- 2 Cups Snap Peas
- 1/2 Cup Blueberries
- 3/4 Cup Strawberries, sliced
- 1/2 Cup Radishes, sliced
- 1 1/2 Tablespoon Sugar
- 1/2 Cup Olive Oil
- 1/2 Tablespoon Lemon Zest
- 1/4 Cup Lemon Juice
- Pinch of Salt and Pepper
- Heat a large pot of water to boiling and set fill a large bowl with ice water. Boil the peas for three minutes, remove immediately and plunge into the ice bath. Remove once completely cooled and pat dry.
- In a medium bowl, combine blanched peas, blueberries, strawberries and radishes.
- In a blender, combine sugar, lemon juice, lemon zest, salt and pepper. Puree and slowly stream in olive oil to create an emulsion.
- Drizzle the dressing over the fruit and snap peas and gently toss to coat.
- Chill for about an hour and serve cold.