Stuffing isn’t just for the holiday table any longer. It can be a star side in any heart meal and this stuffing is no different. Tart cranberries are the stars and the delicious crunch from the nuts will keep you coming back for more.
- 2 Tablespoons Olive Oil
- 1 Onion, chopped
- 1 Celery Stalk, chopped
- 1 Teaspoon Dried Thyme
- 1 Teaspoon Dried Sage
- 2 Tablespoons Brandy
- 8 Cups Bread Cubes
- 1 Cup Walnuts or Pecans, chopped
- 1/3 Cup Dried Cranberries
- 1/4 Cup Fresh Parsley, chopped
- 1 Teaspoon Salt
- 1/4 Teaspoon Fresh Ground Black Pepper
- 1-2 Cups Vegetable Stock
- In a large skillet over medium heat, heat the oil until smoking then add the onion and celery and cook for five minutes or until softened. Add the thyme and sage, stir to coat, then stir in the brandy and cook for one minute.
- Transfer to a slow cooker, add the bread cubes, nuts, cranberries, parsley, salt and pepper and enough stock to moisten the mixture.
- Cook on low, covered, for 3-4 hours and serve hot!