Jello is a soothing treat and this homemade jello is definitely something you and your children will look forward to!
Cranberry- Apple Jello Recipe
- 12 Ounces Fresh Cranberries
- 1 Fuji or Gala Apple
- 2 Tablespoons Ginger, grated
- 1 Cup Sugar
- 1 Packet Unflavored Gelatin
- Pinch of Salt
- Peel, core and chop apple into half-inch pieces. In a medium pot, combine apple, cranberries, ginger and sugar with one cup of water. Bring to a boil, then reduce to a simmer and cook for 15 minutes.
- In a small bowl, combine the gelatin with 2 Tablespoons of boiling water. Stir to dissolve and set aside for five minutes.
- Pour 1/2 of the the cranberry mixture into the gelatin to temper the gelatin and then pour the whole mixture back into the pot and stir.
- Transfer to a jello mold, cover with plastic wrap and chill for 8 hours in a refrigerator.