This yummy salad uses canned corn and pimentos, but don’t be afraid to try blanched summer sweet corn or finely chopped red peppers. It’s a recipe that can be enjoyed all year round to help bring the brightness of summer!
- 2 Tablespoons Apple Cider Vinegar
- 1 Tablespoon Vegetable Oil
- 2 Teaspoons Sugar
- 2 Teaspoons Green Onion, snipped
- Pinch of Salt and Pepper
- 2 15oz Cans Corn, drained
- 1 4oz Jar Pimentos, drained
- In a medium bowl, mix together corn and pimentos.
- In a blender, combine apple cider vinegar, sugar, green onion, salt and pepper. While blending, slowly pour the vegetable oil into the mix to create an emulsion.
- Add the dressing to the corn and pimentos and toss to coat.
- Refrigerate for one hour.
If you want to try a fresher variety, boil four ears of fresh corn for about 10 minutes then quickly drop into a bowl of ice water. Carefully cut the kernels from the cob and use in place of canned corn.
To use a pepper in place of the pimentos, finely dice one large red bell pepper and use where pimentos are called for in the recipe.