Farfalle, or bow tie pasta, is a fun “kiddy” pasta. It’s unique shape, however, helps to lock the tomato sauce into little crevices that give a burst of flavor! Chickpeas add a heartiness that everyone is sure to enjoy.
- 1 Pound Tri-Color Farfalle Pasta
- 2 Tablespoons Olive Oil
- 1 28oz Can Crushed Tomatoes
- 1 Can 15oz Chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 1/2 Teaspoon Salt
- 1/4 Teaspoon Red Pepper Flakes
- 1/2 Cup Raisins
- 1/2 Teaspoon Cinnamon
- 2 Tablespoons Parsley, chopped
- Fill a large pot with lightly salted water and bring to a boil. Add farfalle pasta and cook for 12 minutes. Drain and reserve 1 cup of pasta water.
- In a large skillet heat the oil over medium high heat. Add garlic and cook for 2 minutes or until browned, then stir in tomatoes and chickpeas. Season with salt and red pepper flakes. Simmer for 10 minutes and then add raisins and cinnamon.
- Toss pasta in with sauce and add the pasta water. Garnish with parsley.