Made with “sour” or tart cherries, this delicious dessert will thrill your tastebuds. It’s easy to make and has no egg products unlike other rice pudding recipes!
- 3/4 Cup Arborio Rice, rinsed and drained
- 1 Can Evaporated Milk
- 2/3 Cup Sugar
- 1/2 Cup Milk
- 1/2 Cup Cherry Juice
- 1 Cup Dried Cherries
- Pinch of Ground Cinnamon and Nutmeg
- Combine the rice with 1 cup of water and the evaporated milk in a slow cooler.
- In a small saucepan over medium-high heat combine the sugar and milk for one minute or until small bubbles appear around the edge. Stir into the slow cooker then cover and cook on low for 4.5 hours.
- Bring the cherry juice to a boil in a small saucepan and then remove from heat and add dried cherries. Let sit for 10 minutes, then drain and reserve juice.
- After 4.5 hours of cooking, stir in the cherries, 3 tablespoons of the juice, the cinnamon and nutmeg and cook for 20 minutes more.
- Turn off slow cooker and let sit, uncovered, for 30 minutes before serving.
- Serve and enjoy!