Hearty, cheesy and filling, this recipe is a great way to get your kids to enjoy a vegetable like cauliflower!
Cheesy Cauliflower Pie Recipe
- 2 Cups Shredded Potatoes
- 1/4 Cup Grated Onion
- 1 Tablespoon Egg Replacer + 1 Tablespoon Water, whisked
- 1 Teaspoon Salt
- 1 Tablespoon Flour
- 1 1/2 Tablespoons Olive OIl
- 1 Tablespoon Vegetable Oil
- 1 Onion, chopped
- 2 Teaspoons Garlic, minced
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- 1/2 Teaspoon Basil
- 1/2 Teaspoon Thyme
- 1 Head Cauliflower, chopped roughly into florets
- 1 1/2 Cups Cheddar Cheese
- 2 Tablespoons Egg Replacer
- 1/4 Cup Milk
- 1/4 Teaspoon Paprika
- Preheat the oven to 400? and lightly grease a 9 inch pie pan.
- Using a cheese cloth, squeeze any extra moisture from the potatoes and combine in a bowl with the onion, egg replacer mixture, salt and flour.
- Using your figures, pat into the pie pan as the crust and bake for 30 minutes. Brush with the olive oil and bake for ten minutes longer.
- Reduce oven heat to 350?F.
- In a large frying pan heat the oil over high heat until hot then reduce to medium and saute the onion, garlic, basil, thyme, salt, pepper and paprika for 8-10 minutes. Stir in the cauliflower and cook 15 minutes more.
- In a small bowl whisk together the egg replacer and milk.
- Sprinkle half of the cheese on the crust then spoon the veggie mixture over the top. Sprinkle the veggies with the remaining cheese then pour the milk mixture over the top and add a dash of paprika.
- Bake for 35-40 minutes or until set and slightly browned.