These delicious custards are packed full of vitamins because their main ingredient is CARROTS! Because carrots can vary in sweetness, you may need to decrease the amount of brown sugar that is used, but it’s entirely up to your own tastes!
- 1 1/2 Cups Carrots, diced
- 2 Tablespoons Egg Replacer
- 1/2 Cup Brown Sugar, packed
- 1/4 Cup Milk
- 1/2 Teaspoon Cinnamon
- Preheat the oven to 350?F.
- Take four 6-8oz ramekins and lightly grease them, then place them in a 13 x 9 baking pan and set the hold thing aside.
- Add the diced carrots to a saucepan and cover with water. Bring to a boil then reduce heat to a simmer and cover. Simmer for 20-25 minutes or until very tender. Drain then rinse with cold water and drain again.
- Put the carrots in a food processor and process for 20 seconds, then add the egg replacer, milk, brown sugar, and cinnamon and process until smooth.
- Divide the mixture evenly between the ramekins, then place the whole thing on an oven rack and fill the baking dish with hot water till it is halfway up the ramekins; be sure you do NOT splash any water into the custard mixture.
- Bake for 35 minutes or until a knife inserted into the center comes out clean, then remove from the oven and cool on a wire rack