These yummy and tangy cupcakes have a number of little surprises that make them a step up from regular carrot cake!
- 4oz Butter
- 3/4 Cup Brown Sugar
- 2 Tablespoons Egg Replacer + 2 Tablespoons Water, beaten
- 1 1/2 Teaspoon Vanilla
- 2 1/2 Teaspoon Baking Powder
- 1 1/4 Teaspoon Baking Soda
- 1 Teaspoon Cinnamon
- 1/2 Teaspoon Nutmeg
- 1/2 Teaspoon Ginger
- 1/2 Teaspoon Salt
- 1 1/2 Cup Carrot, shredded
- 1 1/2 Tablespoon Poppy Seeds
- 1/2 Cup Raisins
- 1/4 Cup Candied Ginger, chopped
- 1 1/2 Cups Flour
- 3/4 Cup Powdered Sugar
- 3/4 Cup Soft Goat Cheese, softened
- 1/2 Cup + 2 Tablespoons Cream Cheese, softened
- 2 Tablespoons Maple Syrup
- Preheat the oven to 350?F and line a muffin tin with paper cups.
- In a large bowl cream together the butter and brown sugar until fluffy, then add in the egg replacer mixture, vanilla, baking powder and soda, cinnamon, nutmeg, ginger, and salt and mix until combined.
- Fold in the carrots, poppy seeds, raisin and ginger, then add in the flour and mix until just combined.
- Divide evenly between muffin cups and bake for 20-25 minutes.
- Sift the powdered sugar into a medium bowl and set aside.
- In another medium bowl, mix together the goat cheese and sour cream, then add in the powdered sugar and mix until combined. Stir in the maple syrup and let rest for 1 hour.
- Drizzle over the top of the cooled cupcakes, serve and enjoy!