Who knew that pumpkin was useable for more than just pumpkin pies? This delicious recipe is simple and sure to become a holiday treat. Be sure to use smaller sugar pumpkins as their flesh will be sweeter.
- 1/4 Cup Butter
- 3 Cups Pumpkin, cubed
- 1/3 Cup Sugar
- 3/4 Cup Maple Syrup
- 1 Tablespoon Fresh Ginger, minced
- 1/2 Teaspoon Cinnamon
- In a large skillet over medium-low heat melt the butter and cook the pumpkin until tender; about twenty minutes.
- Sprinkle the sugar over the top and stir until dissolved, then add the syrup, ginger and cinnamon.
- Remove from heat and cool, then transfer to a bowl and cover.
- Refrigerate for at least two hours.
- Serve and enjoy!