Burdock root is a healthy and delicious ingredient that is used in many cultures for its perceived medicinal qualities. Enjoy it in this recipe any time!
- 5 Burdock Roots, peeled and cut into sticks
- 3 Celery Ribs, sliced
- 3 Tablespoons Sesame Seeds
- 2 Tablespoons Sugar
- 2 Tablespoons Soy Sauce
- 1 Tablespoon Rice Vinegar
- 1 Tablespoon Sesame Oil
- 1/2 Teaspoon Chile-garlic Sauce
- Bring a large pot of salted water to boiling and add the burdock. Cook for 6-8 minutes, then drain and cool.
- Add the burdock to a bowl with the celery.
- In a coffee grinder grind together the sesame seeds and sugar until finely ground, then whisk together with the soy sauce, vinegar, oil and sauce.
- Pour over the burdock mixture and toss to coat.
- Serve and enjoy!