A cold salad, this is a replacement for the traditional macaroni salad often found at picnics. By replacing the macaroni with brown rice it is a healthier and happier option for everyone to enjoy!
- 3 Cups Cooked Brown Rice
- 1 Loarge Sweet Onion, chopped into bite sized chunks
- 1 Cup Cheddar Cheese, shredded
- 1 Cup Mayonnaise
- 1 Tablespoon Apple Cider Vinegar
- 1 Teaspoon Sugar
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Pinch of Paprika
- In a medium bowl, combine the rice, onion, and cheese. Toss to combine.
- In a small bowl, combine mayonnaise, vinegar and sugar. Whip together with a fork and season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Add dressing to salad and toss gently to combine, making sure that all pieces are thoroughly coated. Add paprika and toss once more to combine.
- Chill for an hour and serve cold