A delicious twist on mac and cheese, delicious white beans provide some meat for the dish while broccoli adds some sweetness.
Broccoli-White Bean Mac ‘n’ Cheese Recipe
- 1 Cup Milk, divided
- 3 Tablespoons Flour
- 1/4 Cup Evaporated Milk
- 3 Teaspoons Garlic, minced
- 4oz Sharp Cheddar Cheese, shredded
- 5 Tablespoons Parmesan Cheese, divided
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- 4oz Macaroni
- 3 Cup Broccoli Florets
- 1 Red Bell Pepper, chopped
- 1 Cup Canned White Beans, drained and rinsed
- 1/2 Teaspoon Paprika
- In a small bowl whisk together 1/4 cup of the milk and the flour; set aside.
- In a large saucepan combine the remaining milk and the evaporated milk, heat over high heat then stir in the garlic and nutmeg; bring to a boil, reduce to a simmer and whisk in flour till no lumps remain.
- Cook until mixture is thickened; about one minute. Remove from heat and stir in cheeses until melted. Season with salt and pepper then cover and set aside.
- Bring a large pot of water to boiling and add the broccoli and macaroni. Stir in the bell pepper then drain and return to the pot. Stir in beans and the cheese sauce.
- Divide between serving dishes and top with paprika.
- Serve and enjoy!