This high class dessert is really simple to make and this recipe is no exception. The greatest struggle is finding blood oranges to use!
- 1 Envelope Unflavored Gelatin
- 3/4 Cup Blood Orange Juice
- 2 6oz Containers Blood Orange Yogurt
- 1 1/2 Cups Whole Milk
- 1 Cup Heavy Cream
- 2/3 Cup Sugar
- 1/2 Teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- 2 Blood Oranges, zested and segmented
- Begin by softening the gelatin in 1/2 cup of the blood orange juice for about 5 minutes.
- Whisk the yogurt until smooth in a large bowl and set aside.
- In a medium saucepan bring the milk, cream and 1/3 cup of the sugar to a simmer, then turn off the heat and stir in the vanilla and gelatin mixture and mix until the gelatin is dissolved.
- Pour into the bowl with the yogurt and mix until completely combined and smooth.
- Coat 8 ramekins with non-stick cooking spray and fill each with evenly with the mixture; cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least 6 hours and up to 2 days.
- In a small pot bring the remaining sugar, orange juice and zest to a simmer and cook until the sugar is completely dissolved and it resembles a syrup.
- Cool and refrigerate until use.
- Serve by carefully running a paring knife around the edges of each ramekin to release the panna cotta, then turn upside down and shake slightly till the panna cotta slips out. Drizzle with syrup and top with some orange slices and mint.
- Serve and enjoy!