This summer relish can double as a delicious and mild salsa. The leftovers can be placed in freezer-safe containers and kept for up to six months! This recipe will make four, 8oz. jars worth of relish.
- 2 Onions, peeled and quartered
- 1 Large Bell Pepper, seeded and sliced
- 4 Cloves Garlic
- 6 Cups Sweet Corn Kernels, fresh or frozen (if frozen, thawed)
- 1 1/2 Cups Sugar
- 1 Cup Vinegar
- 1/2 Cup Lime Juice
- 2 Tablespoons Sea Salt
- 4 Bay Leaves
- 1 Lime, halved and chopped
- 1 Tablespoon Cracked Black Pepper
- Using a food processor, puree the onions, bell pepper, and garlic until finely diced and very juicy.
- In a large pot, stir together corn, sugar, vinegar, lime juice, sea salt, bay leaves and 1 1/4 cups water. Bring to a boil then reduce heat and simmer for 20 minutes, stirring often.
- Add the lime and cook ten minutes longer; mixture should be thickened considerably.
- Stir in cracked pepper, remove from heat and cool.
- Serve with pita chips, tortilla chips or your favorite salsa snack!