This hearty and rich stew is filled with vegetables that are packed full of nutrition such as hearty sweet potatoes and chunky black beans.
- 1 Tablespoon Canola Oil
- 2 Sweet Potatoes, peeled and chopped
- 1 Red Bell Pepper, seeded and cut into chunks
- 1 Onion, chopped
- 1 Jalapeno, seeded and chopped
- 1 Teaspoon Garlic, minced
- 1 Tablespoon Chili Powder
- 1 Teaspooon Ground Cumin
- 1 Teaspoon Cayenne Pepper
- 3 Cups Vegetable Broth
- 1 15oz Can Black Beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 14.5oz Can Diced Tomatoes
- 1 Cup Frozen Whole Kernel Corn
- 1/4 Cup Cilantro, snipped
- 1/4 Cup Lime Juice
- In a large Dutch oven over medium high heat, heat the oil and then add the potatoes, bell pepper, onion, jalapeno and garlic. Cook for four minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add the chili powder, cumin, and cayenne pepper and stir to combine. Reduce the heat to medium, cover and cook for 7-8 minutes or until the sweet potatoes are tender.
- Add the broth, beans and tomatoes. Bring to a boil, stir in corn and reduce heat to a simmer. Simmer for 15 minutes, uncovered.
- Add the cilantro and lime juice, serve and enjoy!