Baked apples are a classic dessert and these surpass the classic with their delicious maple-nut syrup.
Baked Apples with Maple-Nut Sauce Recipe
- 4 Large Gala Apples, halved and cored
- 2 Teaspoons Lemon Juice, divided
- 1 Tablespoons Brown Sugar
- 1/4 Teaspoon Cinnamon
- 1 Cup Maple Syrup
- Pinch of Salt
- 1/2 Cup Walnuts or Pecans, chopped
- Preheat the oven to 400?F and lightly grease a baking dish.
- Brush the tops of the apples with 1 teaspoon of the lemon juice and place them cut side up in the baking dish.
- In a small bowl combine the brown sugar and cinnamon. Sprinkle over the apples.
- Pour the maple syrup in the bottom of the dish and cover with foil. Bake, covered for 10 minutes then remove the foil and bake 15 minutes more or until apples are tender.
- Transfer the apples to a serving platter and the juices to a small saucepan. Bring the juices and remaining lemon juice to a boil and cook until thickened; about two minutes. Stir in nuts.
- Spoon sauce over the apples and serve!