Why waste those last minute blooms? They’re perfectly edible, just clean away the internal bits and chop!
- Pinch of Salt
- 8 oz Penne Pasta
- 15 Zucchini Blossoms
- 2 Tablespoons Olive Oil
- 3 Tablespoons Garlic, minced
- 1 Cup Fresh Parsley, chopped
- 1 Teaspoon Saffron Threads
- 2 Tablespoons Cornmeal
- 2 Tablespoons Parmesan Cheese
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Bring a large pot of salted water to boiling, stir in the penne pasta and cook for 11 minutes; drain and reserve 1/2 cup of the pasta water.
- Clean the flowers, removing the inner workings, and coarsely chop.
- In a large skillet over medium-low heat, cook the garlic until it begins to brown, then add the parsley, saffron and pasta water. Add the zucchini blossoms and simmer for about 10 minutes or until everything is tender. Sprinkle in the cornmeal, and stir constantly until thickened.
- Fold the pasta into the blossom mixture, top with parmesan cheese, and season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve and enjoy!