Wakame is a type of seaweed that is commonly found in Asian cuisine. It is high in iodine, calcium, and niacin making it an excellent choice for a seaweed addition.
- 1/2oz Dried Wakame
- 3 Cucumbers, peeled
- 1 Carrot, peeled
- 3 Tablespoons Rice Vinegar
- 1 Tablespoon Sesame Oil
- 1 Tablespoon Soy Sauce
- 1/4 Cup Red Onion, thinly sliced
- 1/4 Teaspoon Red Pepper Flakes
- 3 Tablespoons Gomashio Seasoning
- Place the wakame in a large bowl, cover with hot water, and let soak for 10 minutes . Drain, squeeze out any extra liquid, pull sheets apart and spread out on a clean dish towel. Pat dry, then trim away any tough veins and stems. Stack together, roll tightly and cut into thin slices. Add to a bowl.
- Peel the cucumber and carrot into thin strips, add to the wakame.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the vinegar, oil and soy sauce, then stir in the red onion and red pepper flakes.
- Drizzle vinegar mixture over the wakame and veggie mixture and gently toss with your hands to make sure everything is evenly coated.
- Cover and chill for 15 minutes, then sprinkle with gomashio, serve and enjoy!