Thick and hearty, these wintry and cool spring dinners are perfect for the young at heart! Each individual pie is sure to be a pleaser!
- 1 Cup Flour
- 1/2 Cup Whole Wheat Flour
- Pinch of Salt
- 1 Tablespoons Margarine, chilled and cut into pieces
- 2 Tablespoons Olive Oil
- 1 Leek, white and green parts chopped
- 1 1/2 Cups Celery, chopped
- 2 Carrots, chopped
- 8oz Button Mushroom, sliced thinly
- 2 Tablespoons Flour
- 2 Teaspoons Garlic, minced
- 1 1/2 Cups Red Potatoes, cubed
- 2 1/4 Cups Vegetable Broth
- 1 Teaspoon Poultry Seasoning
- 6 Asparagus, cut into 1 inch pieces
- 1/2 Cup Peas
- 1/2 Cup Corn Kernels
- Make the pastry dough by mixing together the 1 cup flour and half cup of wheat flour with the salt. Cut in the butter, then stir in 3-4 tablespoons of water until a smooth dough is formed. Wrap the dough in plastic wrap and chill while you make the filling for the pies.
- In a large pot over medium heat, heat the oil, add the leek, celery, carrot and mushroom and saute for 7 minutes. Stir in the garlic and flour and cook one minute more, then add the potatoes, vegetable broth and poultry seasoning.
- Bring to a boil and cover, reduce the heat and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Remove from the heat and stir in the asparagus, peas and corn.
- Preheat the oven to 400?F.
- Take the roll out and unwrap, then roll out to 1/8inch thickness and cut into 4 inch rounds.
- Fill 8 1 cup ramekins with filling and cover with each dough round. Crimp and seal, poke a hole in the top of each and bake for 30-40 minutes.
- Let stand five minutes before serving, then serve and enjoy!