binary option trading and taxes earnings Crockpots are a fantastic way to cook amazingly healthy meals on a tight schedule. Start this recipe in the morning, cook all day, and when you saunter home from work, toast some bread and enjoy a savory, hearty meal. Quick and simple, this sloppy lentil recipe will fill you up a few times over. Goes great with baked potato fries or coleslaw.
- Olive oil
- 1 medium-size red onion, chopped
- 1 small red or green bell pepper, seeded and chopped
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 1/2 cups dried brown lentils, rinsed
- One 14.5-ounce can crushed tomatoes
- 3 cups vegetable broth
- 2 tablespoons tamari or other soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon prepared mustard
- 1 tablespoon natural sweetener
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 4 hamburger buns
- Splash a little olive oil into a medium sauce pan on medium hear. Add onion and bell pepper, and cook until softened, stirring occasionally for about 5 minutes. Stir in the chili powder.
- Transfer the cooked vegetables to a 4-quart crockpot, or one similar in size. Add the lentils, tomatoes, vegetable broth, tamari, mustard, brown sugar, salt, and pepper. Stir to combine. Cover and cook on Low for 8 hours.
- Add any desired cheese to hamburger buns, and toast. Ladle a scoop onto the bun. Serve as a burger closed or open faced.