There’s nothing like a homemade lasagna to feed a group of hungry eaters. Whether you’re cooking for a dinner party or simply the family, this lasagna is sure to fill up empty bellies after a long day. With plenty of tasty, melted cheese, and a generous helping of spinach, this recipe is a healthy meal that is sure to please. This reheats well for leftovers, too, lightening your cooking duties for the coming days!
To make it more flavorful, try making the tomato sauce yourself with some additional chopped vegetables. Or, to give it some spice, try adding some Tabasco or hot chili flakes to the tomato sauce for that extra kick.
- 4 cups (32 ounces) ricotta cheese
- 2 eggs
- Salt and pepper
- 1 large bunch spinach, de-stemmed (approx. 20 oz.)
- 6 cups tomato sauce
- 12 no-boil lasagna noodles
- 1 pound mozzarella cheese (4 cups), shredded
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together ricotta cheese, eggs, and a touch of salt and pepper.
- In the bottom of a 9 x 13 inch glass baking dish, spread a bit of the tomato sauce. Layer 3 lasagna noodles atop this. Spread 1/3 of the ricotta mixture over the noodles, followed by 1/3 of the sauce; layer a 1/3 of the spinach (this will absorb moisture in the oven), and sprinkle with 1/3 of the grated mozzarella. Repeat with two more layers, topping it with the remaining cheese.
- Cover with aluminum foil and bake for 30 minutes. Remove foil. Cook for an additional 15 minutes, or until the top is golden brown. Serve it up!