A delicious and sultry side, this chutney will bring a level of class to any holiday table!
Spiced Cranberry Chutney Recipe
- 1/4 Cup Dried Apricots, finely chopped
- 1/2 Cup Dark Brown Sugar, packed
- 1/2 Cup Raisins
- 1 Cup Water
- 3 Cups Cranberries
- 1 Tart Apple, peeled, cored and diced
- 1 Teaspoon Lemon Zest
- 1/4 Cup Lemon Juice
- 1/4 Cup Crystallized Ginger, finely chopped
- 1/2 Teaspoon Crushed Red Pepper Flakes
- In a medium saucepan stir together the apricots, brown sugar, raisins and water. Bring to a boil then reduce the heat to a simmer and cook for five minutes, stirring constantly.
- Add the cranberries, apple and lemon zest. Simmer for another ten minutes.
- Remove from the heat and stir in the lemon juice, ginger and red pepper.
- Serve warm or chilled!