These delicious, meaty medallions make a great entree for an upscale meal. The crust on the outside from the arrowroot powder gives them just a little crunch right where you want it!
- 2 Pounds Seitan, cut into medallions
- 5 Tablespoons Arrowroot Powder
- 1 Cup + 2 Tablespoons Olive Oil, divided
- 1 Onion, thinly sliced
- 2 Tablespoons Garlic, minced
- 2 Cups Mushroom Stock
- 1 Cup Green Cabbage, finely chopped
- 2 Tablespoons Jalapeno, minced and seeded
- 1/4 Cup Green Onion, thinly sliced
- 2 Tablespoons Parsley, chopped
- Coat each of the seitan medallions in arrowroot powder and set aside.
- Heat 1/2 cup of the olive oil in a skillet over medium-high heat and fry half of the seitan for 3 minutes on each side then transfer to a paper towel to drain. Wipe out the skillet, add another 1/2 cup of oil and repeat with the remaining seitan. Discard the oil, wipe out the pain and add the remaining two tablespoons of oil.
- Add the onion to the skillet and saute for 3 minutes then reduce the heat and saute ten minutes more before adding the garlic and sautéing for 3 minutes more. Stir in the stock and seitan, simmer for 30 minutes.
- Add the cabbage, cook for 3 minutes then remove from heat and stir in the jalapeno, green onion and parsley.
- Serve and enjoy with mushroom gravy!