This delicious salad pairs tangy roquefort with sweet pears and a perfectly complimentary mustard vinaigrette.
- 1 Head Bibb Lettuce, torn into pieces
- 3 Pears, peeled, chopped and cored
- 5 Oz. Roquefort Cheese, crumbled
- 1 Avocado, pitted, peeled and diced
- 1/2 Cup Green Onion, thinly sliced
- 1/4 Cup Sugar
- 1/2 Cup Pecans
- 1/3 Cup Olive Oil
- 3 Tablespoons Red Wine Vinegar
- 1 1/2 Teaspoons White Sugar
- 1 1/2 Teaspoons Mustard
- 1 Clove Garlic, chopped
- 1/2 Teaspoon Salt
- Pinch of pepper
- In a large skillet over medium heat, stir together the 1/4 cup of sugar and the pecans. Cook, stirring constantly, until the sugar has melted and caramelized onto the pecans. Transfer to wax paper and cool, then break into pieces.
- In a blender combine the oil, vinegar, 1 1/2 teaspoons sugar, mustard, garlic, salt and pepper. Blend until completely combined and no large droplets of oil remain.
- In a large serving bowl, combine together the lettuce, pear, blue cheese, avocado and green onions, drizzle with the vinaigrette and toss lightly to combine.
- Sprinkle with pecans, serve and enjoy!