Easy to pull together, this salad is an excellent picnic option. It’s got delicious flavors and textures that are sure to please any crowd.
- 1 Teaspoon Vegetable Oil
- 1 Onion, chopped
- 3 Teaspoons Garlic, minced
- 3/4 Cup Quinoa
- 1 1/2 Cups Vegetable Broth
- 1 Teaspoon Cumin
- 1/4 Teaspoon Cayenne Pepper
- 1 Cup Corn Kernels
- 2 15oz Cans Black Beans, rinsed and drained
- 1/2 Cup Cilantro,chopped
- In a medium saucepan over medium heat, heat the oil and then saute the garlic and onion until lightly browned; about five minutes.
- Mix in the quinoa and the vegetable broth and season with the cumin, cayenne pepper and salt and pepper to taste then bring to a boil. Cover, reduce heat and simmer for 20 minutes or until all the liquid is absorbed.
- Stir in the corn and heat through.
- Remove from heat and mix in the black beans and cilantro.
- Serve and enjoy!