Bright and boldly flavored this simple pasta dish is a breeze to make and comes in individual dishes which makes handing out perfect portions a snap!
- 1 1/2 Cups Penne Pasta
- 1 Tablespoon + 1 Teaspoon Olive Oil
- 1 Shallot, finely chopped
- 1 Teaspoon Garlic, minced
- 1 1/2 Teaspoon Flour
- 3/4 Cup Milk
- 1 1/2 Cups Ricotta Cheese
- 3/4 Parmesan Cheese, grated
- 1/4 Cup Basil, chopped
- 2 Tablespoons Pine Nuts
- 2 Tablespoons Panko Breadcrumbs
- 1/2 Teaspoon Dried Basil
- Bring a large pot of salted water to boiling and add the pasta; cook according to package directions until al dente. Drain and drizzle with 1 teaspoon of the olive oil.
- Preheat the broiler, coat six 1/2 cup ramekins with oil and set on a baking sheet.
- In a large saucepan over medium heat, heat 1 1/2 teaspoons of the olive oil, then add the shallot and saute for 3 minutes. Add the garlic and saute one minute, then stir in the flour until a paste forms; whisk in the milk. Bring the mixture to a boil then reduce heat to medium-low and cook until thickened. Whisk in the ricotta cheese, then whisk in 1/2 cup + 2 tablespoons of the parmesan cheese.
- Remove from the heat, stir in the basil and season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Stir the penne noodles into the sauce mixture, then spoon into the ramekins.
- In a small bowl mix together the remaining parmesan cheese, the remaining olive oil, the pine nuts, breadcrumbs, and dried basil. Sprinkle over the top of each ramekin.
- Broil ramekins for 2-3 minutes or until golden brown.
- Serve and enjoy!