This bright and bold soup can be served both warm and chilled, and is a delicious way to enjoy the fresh and beautiful flavors of spring.
- 2 Tablespoons Butter
- 3 Cups Onion, coarsely chopped
- 4 Cups Vegetable Broth
- 2 Cups Water
- 6 Cups Fresh Peas, shelled
- 4 Cups Flat-Leaf Parsley
- 1/4 Creme Fraiche
- 2 Tablespoons Fresh Lemon Juice
- In a large pot over medium heat melt the butter, then add the onion, 2 teaspoons of salt, and cook until translucent, stirring occasionally.
- Add the broth and water. Bring to a boil over high heat, then stir in the peas.
- Remove from heat. Stir in parsley and creme fraiche, then using a blender, food processor or immersion blender, blend the soup until very smooth.
- Stir in lemon juice, season with salt and pepper to taste. Divide amongst bowls. Top with a dollop of creme fraiche.
- Serve and enjoy!