The spice in this soup is provided by the coriander and jalapeno. Though they do give the soup a delightful kick, you can control how much heat is present by reducing the amount of jalapeno.
- 3 3/4 Cups Vegetable Broth
- 1/2 Stick Butter
- 1 Onion, finely chopped
- 2 Teaspoons Garlic
- 1 Jalapeno, seeded and finely chopped
- 1 Pound Peas
- 2 Tablespoons + 2 Teaspoons Cilantro
- 1/2 Cup Sour Cream
- In a medium sauce pan bring the broth to a boil then lower heat so that it stays hot.
- In a large saucepan over medium heat, melt the butter and add the onion, garlic and jalapeno; cook for 3-4 minutes.
- Add the peas and broth to the onion mixture, bring to a boil then lower the heat and simmer for 5-8 minutes, add the cilantro and remove from heat.
- In batches in a blender or using an immersion blender blend until smooth.
- Serve hot with a dollop of sour cream and a sprinkling of freshly ground black pepper.
- Serve and enjoy!