Hearty and filling, this stir-fry recipe is filled with bold tastes and flavors. It is sure to become a favorite for you and your family.
- 3 Stalks Lemongrass
- 1 Tablespoon Toasted Sesame Oil
- 12oz Mushrooms, thinly sliced
- 1 Red Onion, halved and thinly sliced
- 2 Shallots, chopped
- 3 Teaspoons Garlic, minced
- 1 Thai or Jalapeno Chile, halved, seeded and thinly sliced
- 1/2 Teaspoon Ground Turmeric
- 8 oz Seitan, drained and thinly sliced
- 2 Tablespoons Soy Sauce
- 2 Teaspoons Dark Brown Sugar
- 1 Cup Thai Basil, torn
- Trim and peel the lemongrass, then mince the inner cores of the lemongrass.
- In a large wok or skillet over high heat, heat the oil then add the mushrooms, onion, shallot, garlic, chile, turmeric and lemongrass. Stir fry for three minutes, then add the seitan and cook 2 minutes more.
- Add 1/2 cup water, soy sauce and brown sugar and cook one minute more.
- Serve then top with the basil.