Orecchiette are little pasta noodles shaped like ears. They are easy to find and cook up quickly!
- 3 Tablespoons Olive Oil
- 1 Red Onion, sliced 1/4 inch thick
- 1/4 Teaspoon Red Pepper Flakes
- 1 Teaspoon Sugar
- 2 Tablespoons Red Wine Vinegar
- 1 Pound Kale, trimmed and torn into pieces
- 12oz Orecchiette
- 2 Tablespoons Butter
- 1/2 Cup Parmesan Cheese
- 2 oz Semisoft Goat Cheese
- Heat one tablespoon of the olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat then add the onion and red pepper flakes and cook for 6-8 minutes or until softened. Sprinkle with sugar and toss to coat.
- Add in the vinegar, cook until reduced, season with salt and remove from the skillet.
- Put the remaining olive oil in the skillet, increase heat to medium-high, add the kale in batches and cook until just wilted. Add the onion mixture back into the pan, stir to combine and cook until heated through.
- Fill a large pot with well salted water and bring it to a boil. Add the pasta and cook until al dente; drain and reserve 1 cup of the pasta water. Return to the pot and add in the kale mixture, butter and cheese. Cook over medium heat, add enough pasta water to make a light sauce, add nutmeg to taste.
- Divide between four bowls, serve with a slice of goat cheese on top and enjoy!