This Asian style recipe mixes sweet and sour together to make a dish that your family will love!
- 2 Chinese Eggplants, cubed
- 1 1/2 Tablespoons Soy Sauce
- 1 Tablespoon Red Wine Vinegar
- 1 Tablespoon Sugar
- 1 Green Chile Pepper, seeded and chopped
- 1 Teaspoon Cornstarch
- 1/2 Teaspoon Chili Oil
- 2 Teaspoons Salt
- 2 Tablespoons Vegetable Oil
- In a large bowl combine the eggplant with some salt and cover with water for 30 minutes. Drain, rinse then dry thoroughly.
- In a blender combine the soy sauce, red wine vinegar, sugar, chile pepper, cornstarch and chili oil. Pulse until completely combined.
- In a large skillet over medium-high heat heat the vegetable oil and fry the eggplant until tender and beginning to brown; about 10 minutes. Pour in the sauce, cook until thickened.
- Serve and enjoy!