Eggplant parmesan is a delicious, if a bit labor intensive. It’s worth every bit of work, however, and this recipe is sure to be a hit!
- 1 Eggplant, sliced
- 1 1/2 Tablespoons Salt
- 8 Tablespoons Olive Oil
- 8oz Ricotta Cheese
- 6oz Mozzarella Cheese, shredded
- 1/2 Cup Parmesan Cheese, grated
- 1 Tablespoon Egg Replacer
- 1/2 Cup Fresh Basil, chopped
- 4 Cups Pasta Sauce
- Sprinkle the eggplant with the salt, on both sides, and layer in a colander to drain; let sit for 30 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 350?F.
- Mix together the ricotta, mozzarella, 1/4 cup parmesan with the egg replacer and basil in a medium bowl.
- Rinse the eggplant and dry thoroughly. In a large skillet over medium heat, heat half the oil then brown the eggplant on both sides in batches, adding more oil as necessary.
- Spray a large baking dish with cooking spray then spread 1 1/2 cups of the pasta sauce on the bottom of the dish. Place a single layer of the eggplant on top, then top that with 1/2 of the cheese mixture. Repeat until cheese and eggplant are gone, then pour remaining sauce on top and sprinkle with left over parmesan cheese.
- Bake for 45 minutes or until sauce is bubbly.
- Serve and enjoy!